Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog.
I'll be voicing my thoughts and opinions on the creative process as well as other random topics that enter my mind. I can't promise to be entertaining or informative, but if you like genre fiction, movies, TV or comics then there should be something to interest you.
Any errors and foul language are my own.


Thursday 18 April 2013

P is for Posts

I didn't expect to get this far, to be honest. Yet, here it is, my sixteenth post in the A To Z Challenge. Statistically, that's twice as many this month so far than in the almost two years preceding it since this blog was created. Sounds good, but it really means I've been poor at posting in the past.

I was going to stop blogging before I'd heard about the challenge (ha! I practically already had!). It wasn't that I didn't have anything to say, just didn't feel I had the time to say it. I do, of course, as this month is proving; it's just a case of getting my backside in the chair and fingers to the keys. Posts don't have to be a work of art (at five thirty in the morning, this one certainly isn't!) - they're not getting sent to a critic for review - but they're a great way for people to express themselves, comment on what they like.

Looking back over my A to Z posts so far, there doesn't seem to be one common theme. I write about TV shows old and new, writing and reading, my cat - I even attempt poetry, something which I've never done before. I'm not breaking new ground, but I am sharing my thoughts and opinions, which was the purpose of creating my blog. "Musings on writing, reading and life" it says; I guess that's about right.

It's funny, as there have been times when I've set out to write about one thing and ended up going on about another. This one was originally going to be about Person Of Interest, currently one of my favourite TV shows at the moment, but I'm sure I'll go into that in greater detail in the future. While I won't blog every day, I plan to post once a week after the challenge - no more Procrastinating (another P I considered), as it's doing so that has meant only eight posts in twenty or so months.

What began with such good intentions has withered and almost died, but now it's back. I'm glad I've Persevered (again...), possibly I thought I had to be witty or profound, deep and meaningful with each post, but I'm finding that I'm enjoying writing words that come from the heart. I doubt I'll change the world, but if I can raise a smile or cause a nod of agreement, I'll be happy.

2 comments:

  1. hello, I am sort of new to blogging and found yours. I'm glad you will continue to blog after the challenge. I just found out about the challenge yesterday and missed out on a great chance. maybe next year. loved the post about DS9. big trekkie fan myself. god bless and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know that the Challenge has inspired you to keep blogging. That's how I felt about the first challenge I did, I probably would have quit long ago if not for that.

    I was just stopping by from A-Z and it's so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete